Hello! And welcome to my family history blog! The name comes from the virtual forest of family trees I'm researching, and the obvious play on my name with the word Ancestry, which my BFF suggested. (A genealogical tidbit: I was named for Anne of Green Gables).

As some of you may know, I've been doing genealogy for a number of years now, and most family members try not to glaze over when I talk about it :) However, here I'll introduce you to ancestors via their stories, from a laundress in a grand hotel, to a newspaper tycoon, to Puritan immigrants, to a nurse in WWI. Much more interesting than dates and names line drawings, right?

As well, if anyone catches the genealogy bug from this, I'll be occasionally veering from topic to direct you to the websites, podcasts, magazines, and other sources I've found so valuable in helping me to grow from a "baby genealogist".

So watch this space (or subscribe); 2020 is going to be the year of the family history stories at Annecestree Forest. Meanwhile, if you're curious about the little house in the picture, check out this article I wrote which was published on the Family Tree Magazine UK website: Life at Clover Hill

P.S. I dedicate this blog with love to my nieces and nephews, and my great nieces and nephews - may this all be of interest to you one day.

Comments

  1. Anne, congratulations on the launch of your blog. I predict your pictures and stories approach will attract many ancestry enthusiasts ~ way more fun than line drawings.
    From the two index card sized documents I gave you, a Cunard boarding pass leaving Ireland (1928) and a Port of Entry card into Quebec, you produced a 1.5” binder FULL of information about and photos of many of my Irish family. I treasure this research and I greatly enjoyed your indefatigable zest for following each clue.
    I wish Annecestree every success!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts